Jobs & Economic Growth
A low tax environment, a light and predictable regulatory scheme, a legal system that favors small business over the trial lawyers, a state that prohibits forced unionism and doesn't allow union dues to be automatically deducted from worker’s paychecks are all good starting points for reviving Colorado's economy.
Six Ideas to Help Fix The Economy in Colorado:
- Phase out the Business Personal Property Tax
- Cut government spending, so we can lower taxes
- Put the teeth back into the Taxpayer’s Bill of Rights (TABOR)
- Streamline regulatory schemes and remove all unneccessary regulations that affect businesses.
- Tort Reform: Make Colorado a “Loser Pays” state, where the loser in the lawsuit has to pay the all of winner’s court and legal fees. Also lower the caps on non-economic and punitive damages
- Make Colorado a “Right to Work” State and pass “Paycheck Protection” legislation