USE OF DEADLY FORCE AGAINST PERSON WHO HAS MADE AN ILLEGAL ENTRY INTO A PLACE OF BUSINESS
The bill extends the right to use deadly force against an intruder under certain conditions to include owners, managers, and employees of businesses
The Prohibition of Discrimination Against Employees Based on Labor Union Participation
The bill prohibits an employer from requiring any person, as a condition of employment, to become or remain a member of a labor organization or to pay dues, fees, or other assessments to a labor organization or to a charity organization or other third party in lieu of the labor organization.
IN-STATE STUDENT CLASSIFICATION FOR MILITARY DEPENDANTS
Current law authorizes a dependant of a service member to receive in-state tuition at a Colorado public institution of higher education (Colorado college) if the service member was stationed in Colorado during the dependant's last year of high school and the dependant enrolled in a Colorado college within 12 months after graduating from a high school in Colorado. The bill extends in-state tuition to all dependants,including spouses, of service members.
CONCERNING THE PROHIBITION OF COLLECTIVE BARGAINING BY PUBLIC EMPLOYEES
Employee organizations are currently authorized, through a 2007 executive order, to become the exclusive representative of the state employees in any occupational group or other categorization of state employees (state employees). Employee organizations are also authorized to form partnership agreements with state employees to provide the framework for discussing issues of mutual concern to state employees and the state as an employer.
The bill prohibits...:
- The director of the division of labor from accepting a petition from an employee organization to become the exclusive employee representative of state employees, certifying any employee organization as the exclusive representative of state employees, or acting as the agent of any employee organization;
- Any representative of the executive branch of state government from negotiating with an employee organization to create an employee partnership agreement;
- A political subdivision from accepting a petition from an employee organization to become the exclusive employee representative of political subdivision employees, certifying any employee organization as the exclusive representative of political subdivision employees, or acting as the agent of any employee organization;
- A political subdivision from negotiating with an employee organization to create a labor agreement;
- Employee organizations, state employees, representatives of state government, political subdivision employees, and representatives of political subdivisions from collective bargaining.
The bill terminates any partnership agreement that is currently in effect and that was formed pursuant to executive order D 028 07.
The bill also terminates any labor contract or labor agreement that is in effect between an employee organization and the state and between an employee organization and a political subdivision.