If you look at my top rankings in the two main conservative ratings, it’s clear I talk like a conservative and actually vote like a conservative. But’s it’s important to know legislation I’ve run and co-sponsored. Here is a partial list:
On Matters Dealing With The State Treasurer (I’m the ONLY Treasurer candidate who has run legislation with our current State Treasurer):
- Bill expanding the Treasurer’s investment options.
- Bill to allow the State Treasurer to see all the PERA (Public Employees’ Retirement Association) financials. They could be $83,000,000,000 underfunded!
- Bill to allow the PERA Board to see the PERA Financials, plus changing the composition of the board from 11 out of 15 PERA recipients to a balance of 7 recipients (Most of whom have to be more than 10 years from retirement) and 7 financial professionals.
2nd Amendment (I’m one of only 4 legislators and only Treasurer candidate to get an “A+” Rating from the NRA):
- Make My Day Better (Castle Doctrine in your place of business)
- School Carry
- Constitutional Carry
- Repeal of the 2013 Gun Grab bills
Life (I have one of the strongest records on Life in the legislature):
- Everything from Life at Conception recognition, de-funding Planned Parenthood to the Abortion Pill Reversal Act.
Education (I’m a product of school choice, I support families not bureaucrats making decisions):
- Repeal of Obama’s Common Core.
- Everything School Choice from Charters to Private and Religious Schools.
- Cost Benefit analysis requirement for Higher Education on majors. How much do they cost? How many do we have (too many)? Can you get a job and how much does it pay with your major? Kind of important to see if this is a cost driver (Yes it is!) with college tuition greatly outpacing inflation.
Military (we need to honor those who serve and have served):
The first bill I ran and passed (2013) was stopping the discrimination by our Higher Education system for our active military personnel, veterans and their families for qualifying for in-state tuition. We simplified the legislation this year as well.
Right to Work (I carry this legislation every year):
- Can’t be forced to join a union to obtain or keep a job.
- Union dues cannot be automatically deducted from your paycheck (this includes for political purposes).
- Statistics show this is one of the most important economic drivers for states.